Alaskan airlines are perfect for pet travel and provide first-class travel for all pets.Their pet travel program offers first-class travel options, as well as free pet-health examinations with Banfield Pet Hospitals at any PetSmart.Alaskan Airlines offers an informative pet travel page with travel tips and information.
Since not all dogs can fly cabins, and larger breeds have to fly in cargo, you’ll need to check pet policies carefully with regards to height and weight restrictions. It’s also important to check for dog breed bans to make sure that your pet is allowed to fly.
Taking your pet on a trip with Alaskan airlines requires the following:
- Subject to availability requires a reservation
- Fares start from $75 upwards.
- Pets can travel in the baggage area but must be reclaimed and rechecked at connection points
- Service/Emotional Support/Therapy animals travel for free
- Size of the animal must not exceed the person’s foot-area
- Dogs must be leashed
- Dogs must be under control at all times
- Dogs are not permitted to sit in an emergency exit row
- During holiday travel pets may not be checked into the baggage area
- Short-nosed dog breeds aren’t permitted to travel in the cargo area
- Breeds listed on the website can travel in cargo
- Cabin-travel pets will be checked in in a similar way to baggage
- Health and vaccination requirements must be up-to-date
For more about kennel requirements for cargo compartment travel, please click here.
Alaskan Airlines notes that pets are not permitted to travel in the baggage compartment on Airbus aircraft. Contact reservations to confirm your pet can be accommodated.