Durkha is yak milk based, utilizing an ancient recipe prevalent among the people living in the Himalayas. First, they boil pure yak milk, then it is cooled down and all the fat is removed. The fat free milk is now boiled and mixed with lime and salt, removing the lactose and leaving just the protein making it easily digestible for dogs.
Next, all the moisture is extracted, a process that takes almost 2 weeks, resulting in the hardened Durkha being cut into different shapes and sizes. Lastly, it is smoked for four months to give it the flavor dogs love. When the chew gets too small, simply microwave the leftover piece for 45 seconds, let it cool down for 2 minutes, and give the yummy Durkha puff to your dog.
- Grain and Gluten Free
- Made from Yak and Cow Milk, Lime Juice and Salt
- Handmade in the Foothills of the Himalayas
- All Natural, No Preservatives, Non-Binding Agents
- No or Minimal Odor, Non-Staining
- Tough, Long Lasting, Zero Waste
- Guaranteed Analysis: Protein Min 65%, Crude Fat Min 4%, Moisture 15%, Ash Max 4%