Natural Doggie Coconut Oil is the perfect 'superfood' for your dog! This 100% organic virgin cold pressed coconut oil is a great supplement to your dog's regular diet and will help keep him feeling and looking good!
Coconut oil is good for dogs and can help aid your pets' digestion, improve their coats, help prevent infection and more. But please note, it is important to follow the proper guidelines. As with most things, too much of even a good thing can end up having negative effects.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Dogs
As we've stated, coconut oil has several benefits for your dog. Let's go over a few of them. Coconut oil gently elevates the metabolism, provides a higher level of energy and vitality, protects your dog from illness, and speeds healing. As a bonus, coconut oil can improve a dog’s skin and coat, improves digestion, and reduces allergic reactions.
HEALTHY SKIN & COAT
- Clears up eczema
- Aids flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin
- Minimizes doggy odor
- Reduces allergic reactions
- Creates sleek and glossy coats
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections
- When applied topically coconut oil promotes wound healing
- Also can help with hot spots, dry skin, and hair, bites, and stings
- 8 oz.
- Improves digestion
- Increases nutrient absorption
- Helps with colitis and inflammatory bowel syndrome
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath
- Helps with coughing
- Assists with weight loss
- A powerful antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal agents
- Balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Aids arthritis and ligament problems
- Helps prevent infection and disease
- Aids in increasing energy
How Much Coconut Oil for Dogs
How much coconut oil should you give your dog? When starting your dog on coconut oil, it is absolutely vital that you start slow. Begin slow, start with a tiny amount. Your dog needs to take time for their body to adjusts to the addition to their diet. If you start with the larger amount of coconut oil, your dog could react poorly. Side effects can include diarrhea or greasy stools.
Start with Small Amounts:
- ¼ teaspoon per day for small dogs and puppies.
- 1 teaspoon for large dogs, or even just a dab if your dog's constitution is sensitive.
After you've let their body adjust, a general guideline for the optimal dose of coconut oil for dogs is
- About 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight daily
- Or about 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds