- Make it fun! If the dogs aren't enjoying it they won't retain as much.
- Use what is proven to motivate your dog if it’s treats use treats if its toys use toys.
- Make sure your dog isn't overworked, they are dogs for crying out loud.
- Be consistent but don't have patterns, train at the same time every day but not the same thing every day.
- Introduce challenges, this will make sure your dog has the command down.
- End in a success never on a failed command, this will make for a more fulfilling period.
Police K9 training never stops as trainers and dogs must renew their training all the time and keep up commands and scent training as to not become lessened. In the end, these are still dogs that need love, companionship,treats, and toys. the police force gives them these and is rewarded with partners unlike anything else. Whether you are looking to get into police K9 training or just to train your dog at home I hope this has helped and remember to give your dog all the love they deserve.
SitStay has been your working dog supply headquarters since 1995. From service dog vests, dog beds, and working dog equipment, to dog treats and dog training supplies. We've got you covered.