Once you’ve spoken with your veterinarian about the proper dose of Turmeric for your dog, you can begin to create your very own Turmeric Golden Paste for your pup.
Below we’ll cover a recipe for the paste using ½ of a cup of Turmeric powder, but you should tweak this recipe based on the dose that your dog needs.
- ½ a cup of Turmeric powder
- 1 cup of water
- 50 ml of coconut or olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- A pan to heat and mix your ingredients
- A Jar to store your paste in
Instructions for creation:
- Add turmeric powder and water to a pan, stirring continuously while over low heat. Stir until a paste of medium thickness is formed, this usually takes around 6-10 minutes, and you can add a bit more water if needed.
- Then add in ground black pepper and some coconut or olive oil, stirring it continuously. Make sure to allow this paste to cool before serving.
- You can store this paste in your fridge for up to 2 weeks and can give the recommended dose by mouth each day, or mixed into their food.
Turmeric is a wonderful ingredient that can bring great relief to your furry friend. Now that you understand the power of this miracle root, you can begin to apply it to your beloved companion’s routine!